As Worshipful Master of Lubbock Masonic Lodge # 1392 A. F. & A. M. , it is my honor to welcome you to our website. Freemasonry is the world’s largest, oldest and best-known gentleman’s fraternity. It is based on the medieval stonemason guilds who built the great castles and cathedrals of Europe. Modern Freemasons use the tools, traditions and terminology of those stonemasons as allegories for building temples in the hearts of men.
You will see that our site it is full of great information regarding our gentle fraternity.
Our mission is guided by the enduring and relevant principles of our fraternity:
- Brotherly love. We value respect, freedom, kindness, tolerance, and our differences – religious, ethnic, cultural, social, generational, and educational – and strive for harmony in our individual lives, in our lodges, and in the global community.
- Relief. We take responsibility for the well-being of our brothers, our families, and the community as a whole. We provide relief through philanthropy, community involvement, and delivery of excellent care.
- Truth. We stay true to our personal code of conduct and ethics – honor, integrity, personal responsibility, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge.
You will note that the calendar contains many of the important events that are coming for not only our lodge but for masonic activities in the surrounding area. I hope that you can attend some of them.
If you are curious about our fraternity or interested in becoming a member, our website should provide you with some initial answers to your questions. Once you have had an opportunity to review our site and are ready to take the next step, please see the “Contact Us” link and leave us a message, including your phone number and email address. As the Worshipful Master of the lodge, I will personally contact you to discuss any questions you may have and guide you through the process. There are numerous benefits to being a Mason, but these benefits tend to be of a personal nature and are different for each individual. It is universal that the benefits can only be truly discovered by becoming a member. But here is an idea of what we have to offer:
- You will experience fellowship with men beyond the boundaries of age, race, religion, culture, and opinion. This is a central concept to the Fraternity.
- Many find great value and knowledge in our ritual ceremonies through the use of symbolism and metaphors to encourage and remind us to remain conscious of principles, ethics, and morality, and to live our lives accordingly.
- Others find great fulfillment in our charities, community service, and the support we provide our members and their families.
- Finally, for those who take on positions within the lodge, they have the chance to develop or further their leadership skills.
There is a satisfaction of being part of a centuries-old fraternity whose traditions and core values are relevant today, and will endure for centuries to come. BECOMING a Mason is a privilege that you may seek if you are willing to live a moral and just life, with compassion and love for all around you. BEING a Mason requires all of us to live our lives as caring leaders in society.
Please explore our entire web site and come back to visit us often!
Jerry Hendrick, WM, Lubbock Lodge #1392